Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of using the levelupacademy.nl website, services and products
1. Your personal data controller is Level Up Academy.
Level Up Academy
Level Up Academy is registered in the Trade Register of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce, (Kamer van Koophandel), under KVK No.: 77672380.
E-mail address: email@example.com
2. Platform: the service website owned by Level Up Academy.
3. User: within the meaning of these Terms and Conditions, any natural or legal person visiting the Platform or using any Services or Products.
4. Service: a service marketed on the Platform, such as online and onsite language courses.
5. Product: a product made available on the Platform.
6. Registration Form: a digital form available at https://www.levelupacademy.nl for Users to register for language courses provided by Level Up Academy, headquartered at Wollegras 26, 2318TG Leiden.
1. Using Level Up Academy Products and Services, such as online courses, requires a properly configured computer with Internet access. Selected platform features are also supported on compatible tablet computers and smartphones. Level Up Academy assumes no responsibility for any technical issues such as: problems in using a service resulting from incorrect configuration of Users’ software or hardware or from Internet connection issues on their side.
2. Level Up Academy is not responsible for difficulties in using the service resulting from incorrect configuration of the User’s software or hardware or from problems with the User’s hardware or Internet connection.
4. The User’s e-mail address indicated in the Registration Form will be used for all communications in connection with providing Platform services. Users acknowledge that they need a valid and active e-mail address and agree to check incoming mail on a regular basis and notify the Platform by e-mail whenever they change addresses.
5. In order to participate in a course offered on the Platform, you should do the following:
(a) register for the course by completing and submitting the Registration Form available on the Platform.
(b) pay the course fee by standard bank transfer to the account indicated by the Platform within the time limit specified for the course.
The course fee should be paid as specified in your selected course offer.
User registration is completed after the course fee has been credited to Level Up Academy’s bank account and the User has received registration confirmation by e-mail or over the telephone.
6. Users may only use the Platform in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
7. Level Up Academy reserves the right to refuse to provide services, erase data and/or cancel an order in the event of a User violating the law or the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
8. Onsite courses are held on such dates and in such locations as provided in the particular course offer posted on the Platform.
9. Online courses are held on the dates provided in the particular course offer posted on the Platform.
10. After a properly filled in Registration Form is received, the User is assigned to the group of their choice. However, assignment to a group at a level higher than ‘beginner’ is based on a free placement test. Admission to a group depends on an adequate result of the placement test and is subject to availability of places. If we are not able to admit you to a group, we may be able to propose another one. There are no placement requirements for beginners’ courses.
Use of the Platform, Services and Products
1. Users may purchase the Services and/or Products through the Platform.
2. With the User’s consent, photos and videos taken during the courses may be used for promotional materials and published online in social media channel and on the Platform.
3. A User’s failure to participate in a course they have paid for does not give rise to any claims on their part and the Platform is deemed to have properly performed a Service (and fulfilled its obligations).
4. All Services and Products on the Platform, paid and gratuitous, such as teaching materials, are the property of the Platform. Any copying, distribution and other use of the content of the Platform without the prior written consent of Level Up Academy is prohibited.
5. The Services and Products purchased through the Platform are for personal use only and may only be used for their intended purpose.
6. Users have no right to reproduce, copy or distribute the Services and Products purchased through the Platform in whole or in part. Public distribution and playing of the Services and Products purchased from the Platform is also prohibited. This applies to, without limitation, materials provided as part of online language courses such as presentations, and teaching materials in PDF format.
7. Users should ensure that no other, unauthorised persons use the Services and Products they have purchased on the Platform in violation of any laws and regulations and these Terms and Conditions. If such situations are identified, Level Up Academy may pursue financial claims against the User for violation of these Terms and Conditions.
8. The Platform is not responsible for the outcomes of the use of its Products and Services achieved by the User. Users are responsible for their own progress.
9. The teacher presented in an offer may change due to a fortuitous situation such as illness or a force majeure event.
1. You have a right to lodge a complaint regarding the services provided by the Platform.
2. Complaints should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A complaint should include the e-mail address, name and contact details of the person submitting it, the cause for the complaint, date the cause occurred and the signature of the person submitting the complaint.
3. The Platform undertakes to handle complaints within 14 days.
1. Users may cancel their course registration without giving a reason within 14 days after they paid the fee. However, cancellations will only be accepted before the course starts. After a User starts the course, no refunds will be made.
2. In order to cancel their registration, Users should send a clear statement to that effect by post to Level Up Academy’s address or by e-mail to email@example.com.
3. Refund of any fees paid in accordance with the offer chosen by a User who has cancelled their registration will be made within reasonable time, no later within 14 days after the Platform has been effectively notified of the cancellation. Refunds are made to a bank account indicated by the User. In the case of an international payments, any costs of the transfer will be deducted from the refund.
Offer changes and promotions
1. Level Up Academy reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any amendments enter into force on the date of their publication on the Platform.
2. The Platform reserves the right to change the prices of its Services and Products, to withdraw some Services and Products from the Platform and to introduce new Services and Products, as well as to conduct promotional campaigns on the Platform. The right referred to above has no effect, however, on any orders placed before the effective date of any price changes or on the terms of any promotional deals, and they will be executed under the previous terms and conditions.
3. The duration of each campaign is limited.
1. In justified cases, Level Up Academy reserves the right to change the dates and form of Services included in an offer. Any such changes will only be introduced after the Platform and the User agree on new times and dates of providing the Services.
2. The Platform is not responsible for interruptions in the provision of services for technical reasons which the Platform is not culpable for or in control of, caused by the actions of the User, third parties or force majeure events.
3. Level Up Academy reserves the right to make changes to the Platform and amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Such changes and amendments enter into force as soon as they are published.
4. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Netherlands.
Version of 11/02/2022