Who we are
The controller of your personal data is Level Up Academy.
Level Up Academy
Level Up Academy is registered in the Trade Register of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce,
Kamer van Koophandel, under KVK No.: 77672380.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal grounds and data protection policy
Means and scope of data collection and data storage period
1. We process Users’ personal data based on their consent. Consent is given voluntarily by completing the relevant contact or registration form, or signing up to receive marketing content such as our newsletter. Level Up Academy only requests data necessary for proper operation of the Platform and provision of services, both online and during onsite courses.
The following data may be collected using the means described above:
(a) name and surname,
(b) telephone number,
(c) e-mail address,
(d) home address,
(e) KVK/Tax Reg. No.,
(f) messages from Website Users.
2. We process data provided through a form or by e-mail in order to perform the Platform Services and to contact Users by e-mail or telephone. Personal data may also be collected and processed in order to answer Users’ questions and send marketing e-mails.
3. When you log on to the website, we automatically collect data about your visit, in particular your IP address, type of browser and operating system. Such automatically collected data may be used to analyse user behaviour on our website. However, this data is processed solely for the purpose of administering the Platform and to improve user experience, and it is not associated with the data of individual Users.
4. As your data controller we use our best endeavours to protect the personal data we collects in accordance with the applicable provisions of law, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (Official Journal of the European Union, L 119/1), known as the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR (Dutch: Algemene verordening gegevensbescherming, AVG).
5. We process personal data for a period necessary to fulfil the purposes of processing, in particular:
– in connection with providing services through our Platform, until we have provided them and after that for a period required by law or in connection in exercising or defending claims, if any;
– in connection with performing legal obligations we have as data controller in relation to our business and performing any contracts we have concluded, until we have performed these obligations;
– in connection with direct marketing based on consent, until you withdraw your consent to such processing;
– for the duration of us pursuing our legitimate interests in connection with any processed personal data or until you object to such processing unless there are legitimate grounds for further processing.
1. As a Level Up Academy User, you have the right to have any incorrect personal data corrected (data rectification), to have it deleted (data erasure), to have it transferred (data portability) or to restrict the processing of your of personal data. In addition, Users have the right to be informed about the processing of their data. You can exercise your rights as a data subject by sending a request to email@example.com.
2. Users have the right to lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) regarding violation of the right to data protection or other rights they may have under GDPR.
We may transfer personal data provided by Users to third parties in order to ensure the proper provision of our services and to improve user experience. One tool we use is Mailchimp, an email marketing communications service.
Cookies are text files stored on a User’s device. Their purpose is to allow you to use the sites of our Platform. Cookies contain the name of the website, a unique number, the period of time they will be saved on the device.
Version of 11/02/2022